About the book
Based on the ACM model curriculum
guidelines, this easy-to-read and easy-to-navigate text covers all the fundamentals of computer science required for first year students embarking on a computing degree.
Divided into five parts - computer and data, computer hardware, computer software, data organization and with an introduction to some of the more advanced topics - Foundations of Computer Science gives students a bird's eye view of the subject.
- All new material on Computer Ethics and Computer Crimes
- New chapter on Artificial Intelligence, including computer graphics and virtual reality
- Coverage of the LINUX operation system
- Revised chapter on security with sections on steganography
- Pedagogical features include: - Improved and augmented figures and screenshots - Improved and augmented exercises - Selection solutions at the end - Key terms provided by page numbers - A test bank - Augmented powerpoint presentation on the companion website which includes lesson plans for lecturers